Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Fishing Report 6-8-2010

I have really enjoyed trying to find new water to fish when the streams are turbulent. I have found some success in the very top end of some of my favorite creeks. I also recently discovered a new stream near Pocatello with some monster browns in it, it was extremely brushy but fished very well in the deep holes drifting a San Juan. The Portneuf is off-color and high with very little bug activity. I would have to rate it at a double ghaaagh, right now. The very top of Toponce fished very well. Monday, I fished Paul's reservoir near the Montana line with Tobee and had a great time even though the catching was slow. Tobee taught me a new leech pattern that apparently is prettier than it is useful, but should be a very productive pattern.

No comments: