Saturday, May 29, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend 2010

After a very long 2 years of working on a Master's degree it is finally finished. It is mostly with disgust that I even look at the computer after being attached to it at the wrists for such a period of time, but I am now ready to continue in the blogosphere. This is the weekend that we all wait for; the weekend when creeks, rivers and streams open in Idaho yet are mostly too high and cloudy to fish. There are a few secret places however that seem to clear up and remain fish-able in the early season. These out of the way places are held dear to my heart because they are so few and far between.
Since August 2009 I have fished a grand total of 5 times and at no time did I feel like any of those trips were noteworthy. Now I enter the game again with nearly three months until school starts again and life gets turned on its head. Memorial day weekend is a time when we can reflect and honor those that have served. It also happens to be the weekend I get to call myself a fisherman again. I hope I can keep my priorities straight.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

I was on the Portneuf the other day and there is still not much going on. No hatches to speak of and high muddy water. Stay away.