Sunday, June 8, 2008

June 7, 2008

The Deschutes river in Central Oregon is a beautiful, powerful river that runs through a deep canyon in the area below the town of Maupin. The river also holds one of the most powerful trout that I have had the privelege to hook up with. The fish were few and far between, I only hooked maybe a dozen or so all day but wow! when you hook up you hook up. These redside trout are some of the toughest hombres around. I was lucky enough to be able to go with John, and Nate who fish the Deschutes often and they were great. The salmonflies and big golden stones were moving into the shallows by afternoon but the fish were still not keyed in on them. I had such a wonderful time, pictures are coming soon of our trip. Thanks, guys for letting me come along. I wonder what the rivers at home are doing. I will not be back til the end of the month but can't wait to get to the Blackfoot for the opener.

Vacationing at the beach,
Coach

1 comment:

oregon trout said...

yo kevin i have some pics for you. i just havent figured out how to get them to you yet. get me your e-mail address. later