Monday, February 2, 2009

Bear River Report

Fished the Bear River last Friday and had a great time. The day was a bit warmer and I found some fish on the rise right away in some of the slower runs. It was just the medicine I needed during what appears to be never ending winter again. I then turned to the old trusty heavily weighted wooly bugger. I swung it through some of the deep holes with very little success and then found that by pulling them slowly directly upstream I could move the fly slow enough to attract some attention. All said the scenery was fantastic, there was very little snow in the canyon and I picked up about 15 fish in an hour and a half. It was just great to be outside again, hear the river and feel that crisp winter breeze (OK I could live without that). The fish do seem to be smaller than past years and the size did improve the farther that I got from the bridge. Awesome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work Kevin! I'm itching to get catching. My last two forays around here have drawn blanks. I've never had much success with winter fishing in Cache Valley. Always a little better north, but I haven't purchased my Idaho license yet. Next month for sure.

Kevin said...

When you decide to come let me know. Hurry up and get that license.