Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pumpkins and Cutthroats





Tiffany and I had a great time today taking the boys to the pumpkin patch in Preston and then retreating to the Cub river for a picnic and fishing. I only got to fish for about an hour, but hey, it was an hour more than the last two weeks combined. The Cub River is a beautiful little cutthroat stream in its upper reaches about 10 miles southwest of Preston. It is pocketwater that has decent little cutts in almost every pocket and seam in the river. The fishing was pretty good, fish were rising to the trusty P.A. and I landed about 5 and missed several others. I did get some pictures though thanks to Tiffany of the river and how beautiful it is this time of year. No fish pictures though, sorry. For anyone that is interested I did pass through both Black Canyon on the Bear River and the Onieda Narrows in the past few days. AWESOME. The water is perfect and the fishing looked great from what I could glimpse of the river. I saw plenty of rising fish in the Narrows in the foam lines and the water below where it is usually to fast to wade was very fishable. Check out the link to Oregon Trout's blog for pics of our Deschutes adventures.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Everything is going pretty well except those are the only two times that I've fished in last few months. We are in the football playoffs so there is at least one more game. We play this Saturday. The Cub is really beautiful this time of year. The Bear River looks sooooooo good right now. Good to hear from you.
Kevin